Morris & Co. 1869 Directory

Quoted extract covering Hucknall under Huthwaite

There is a Methodist Chapel (which was built chiefly by the late Mr. Eleazor Boot, Colliery Manager, who is now intered in the yard adjoining) and another place of worship called the Methodist Free Church.   Under the Will of Mr. J. Burrows, a private burial ground is set out where he and some of his relations are intered, now belonging by purchase to Mr. Boot.   It is neatly fenced around, and tastefully planted inside.


Written 17 Feb 10 Revised 14 Jul 15 © by Gary Elliott